Lanson Champagne began in 1760 when François Delamotte began making and selling his own brand of champagne. In 1786 he took on a new partner Jean-Baptiste Lanson. In 1856 the Lanson family gained full control and the name was changed to Lanson Père & Fils. Finally becoming Lanson International it was bought by Boizel Chanoine Champagne Group (BCC) creating the Lanson BCC Group. Lanson has the uncommon practice of blocking the malolactic fermentation preventing the conversion of malic acid to softer lactic acid. The end result is a full-flavoured bracing fresh wine which needs time in order to shed its acidity and show its richness.
Lanson Black Label NV Brut Champagne carries the Royal Warrant.